Handbag Goals.

23:02



In every woman’s life, the bigger the handbag, the more stuff seems necessary to carry.

The fact is, that it is just in every woman’s blood to arm up with all the ‘necessary ‘ items that she might have a use for during a day. Just think about it - make up, numerous lipsticks, a purse with all the cards we most likely will never use, your phone and house keys, diary or a notebook with a pen, a book if you are anything like me, perfume, hair brush, and of course, a snack, because a woman with no food equals a catastrophe. And then of course - there is a problem now and then - the question “where the hell are my keys?”

So, as a result of us tending to stuff our bags with all of our belongings it is a must to have a handy small bag to try and minimise the weight to carry around with you every day. As much as I love being prepared for anything and everything, I have grown to love a smaller bag witch fits the things I definitely need on a daily basis.

My recently discovered handbag that perfectly fits into the category is a Zara leather cross body bag with wolf detail. It is a lovely mustard colour, therefore it is the perfect statement cross body with unusual detailing, quite unusual and catching the eye. Perfect dimensions (H22xW21xD9 cm) limit my ability to fill the bag with unnecessary belongings, therefore the bag doesn’t get in the way while I am running some errands or simply go into town to get a cup of coffee.


What is in my bag? 

- phone 
- purse (I try to only carry the cards I actually use, rather than a millions of loyalty and points cards)
- keys (do not go crazy with the keyrings… I know everyone loves a pom pom, but you have to think about how impractical it is)
- earphones (day would be ruined if I left the house without them)
- book (regular size paperback is always a go as it is not as space consuming and keeps me occupied on bus journeys)
- compact powder & powder brush (I do not see the point in carrying a bag full of make up with me everywhere and just tend to trust the initial application to do the job, but the powder is always handy when your skin gets oily after a busy day)
- lip balm (a must, especially living in the ever changing wind weather conditions)
- lipstick
- chewing gum


A few points to remember: 

- a handbag with an inside pocket is always a keeper -> keep your powder, a brush, a lipstick or keys, whatever works best for you to keep it organised and the item easily accessible when needed;
- if you like carrying make up with you, store it all in a zipped up make up bag, to prevent your handbag getting accidental make up marks and the products protected;
- dual bag is also a great option as you are able to choose whether you want to have it hanging on the shoulder or hold it in your hand;
- always choose a bag with some sort of fastening - magnet closure, a buckle or a clip will protect you handbag from unwanted attention and all of your belongings spilling all over the place in an unfortunate situation.


Just remember - keeping your bag light and organised will take a load off your shoulders!!!

-E.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts