BookCLub.

22:28


Books... A fact: I go through certain phases when it comes to reading. 

I have always loved reading. A lot! I couldn't take my eyes off a book... However, with time life changes, as we all know and when you become a grown up you just physically do not have enough time on your hands to to have your nose in a book 24/7. Therefore I would't find time to do the thing I love so much. Which was really disappointing and I would really miss it. 

If I come across a book that I consume in a couple of days, that means IT IS GOOD! So here I am, constantly having to order new books as I am afraid to get off the reading roll and I just cannot get enough of them. 

Another fact: I recently moved. Again. Living far from work is not ideal but that means I have to take a bus to and from work which I am very excited about every morning. I sit in my usual seat at the front at the top of the bus and read for 25 minutes. 25 minutes of pure satisfaction before 9 hours of running off your feet. 

The point is -  here are a few books I read and highly enjoyed a couple of months ago and have been to lazy to actually write a post, because that is who I am - in posses of a head with a lot of ideas and too lazy to make them happen. 

The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick

A story about a friendship of a boy with a wild past and a girl who makes the right choices. It is a story about the unexpected things that happen in our lives that can turn everything upside down against our own will. Well, what girl does not love a bit of a good girl bad boy romance once in a while? 

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Story about a seventeen year old girl who is struggling with standing all by herself in her life after the death of her older sister who she used to share everything with. Just as much a celebration of love as it is a portrait of loss, Lennie's (main character's) struggle to sort her own melody out of the noise around her is always honest, often hilarious, and ultimately unforgettable. 

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

A perfect reminder that nobody and nothing is perfect - a story about a girl with a very rare disease - she is basically allergic to the world and is not able to leave her house. But new neighbours move in next door and everything changes. It is a book with cute romance and funny dialogues. 

The Last Star by Rick Yancey (the third and final book of the 5th Wave series) 

A series that will leave you speechless. The human race stands on the brink of extinction when a series of alien attacks decimates the earth. The story spins around a group of characters - teenagers fighting the war against an advanced plan created by aliens in order to destroy the human race and save planet earth. 

The Last Boy And Girl In The World by Siobhan Vivian

Two things attracted me to this book. First - the cover (I know 'do not judge the book by its cover' but let's be real. The cover can catch your eye and attract you to read the description and maybe lead you to purchasing it). It is just so interesting! It is graphic but minimalistic. Second - the fact that the story was concentrated around a town called Aberdeen and I got extremely interested. And even though Aberdeen was not I expected, I loved it from the beginning to the end. The main character Keeley lives in a town which is sliding under water. It is about what a person goes through when they have no other choice but to leave their home and about the way they do it with a bang. 

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child Play by J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany

No descriptions needed. Harry Potter is just what it is. I grew up with it, read every book and saw every movie more times than I could count. When I heard about an additional book being released excitement is not the word I would describe the feeling with. However, I am not a big play reader so it took me some time to adjust myself to the way it had been written. But just like I said, Harry Potter is what it is and I felt a necessity to read it. 

-E

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts